Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Happy Father's Day...continued from Mother's Day Part 1

I was going to post an extension on Mother's day about sad stuff, but decided against it.

Next weekend is Father's day and I completely forgot about it. I'm not going to talk about Father's day and sad stuff either, I'm not into it.

Instead, I'm going to recall the little family my husband and I are making, and the fact that he is going to be a father. His excitement is hilarious. He doesn't do anything cheesy or mushy which I appreciate. I didn't realize how much of a non-sentimental type person I would be in my romantic life, because my friendships are full of cheese and mush and lovey dovey shit. Not sure why the difference, but I like it this way and that's all that matters.

Anyhow, his lack of super sentimentality is not unnerving, because he's still sensitive and excited about it. He has Sun/Uranus, so he's more into curious questions and observations, which are always welcome and more often than not laughter inducing. He asked me the other day, "Are your hormones going to turn you into a crazy lady? My friend said his wife went berserk over little things when she was pregnant" I said I didn't know, I feel much calmer and less depressed than I have in years and hope that it continues throughout the whole pregnancy. But I would try not to rip his head off over little things if I felt the urge in the future.

His sentiment is somewhat out of the blue, another Sun/Uranus thing, I think. "She's going to be a girl, I had a dream about her already". He told me about this day dream he had about walking the bike path, holding the hand of our little girl who looked up and called him "Daddy".

And that's that. He's going to be a daddy. He is a daddy. We're sharing this experience together, this transformation from child to parent. It feels sudden, but it's been a long time coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment