Monday, April 13, 2009

Drugs and the Moon

I started taking Melatonin last week to help with my sleeping issues. I have been taking just the OTC CVS brand sleep aids, but I decided I would switch it up this time and try melatonin instead.
I had some interesting dreams the very first night I took it, but they were so fast paced and I woke up a few times during the night that I forgot all of them by the time I woke up anyhow. I have vague memories of games and the attic, but nothing too specific. I miss have a nightstand where I can put my things and write my dreams down as soon as I wake up.

Anyhow, I write this because I try to follow my dreams and patterns. It's been a long time since I have really been able to remember my dreams, even though I know my dreams are much more active during full moons. I'm curious to see how my switch to melatonin will change things and add a new dimension to the dream world. The sleep-aids I was previously taking leaned more toward suppression of dream recall. But after the very first time taking melatonin, I awoke with strong dream images left over from the night. We'll see how this little experiment goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment